Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Some Intresting Observations

Last night I fed the female rosea #2. (Still not sure on sex.) She was later seen feeding on the roach. In the morning I found the remains of the roach, and not all of it was eaten. I tried to removed the remains, but she went towards the roach, like she was guarding it, like she wasn't done eating. So I decided to leave it in till later tonight. She was also seen climbing on the walls of her enclosure. She usually stays on the ground, and have never seen this from her, unless she was running from my MM during an attempted pairing.

Later I decided to take some pics of me holding a few of my T's and while I had her out, I decided to toss out the leftover roach.

My avic avic has been a bit more active lately, I have seen her in different places in her enclosure, she used to stick to on corner. She also hasn't laid down much web at all for an avic. I also took her out for the photo shoot. But she would rather jump from my hands, then have her picture taken. I did manage to get a few good shots before putting her back. Then I fed her a roach, But she has still yet to eat it. She usually eats well. She also was seen grooming her legs for over an hour. Maybe she is in pre-molt. She does look a bit darker it seems to me. I'll leave the roach in with her, and will try to offer it to her again later with tweezers if she doesn't eat it on her own. If that doesn't work I'll try beheading the roach and maybe the smell of the guts will make her more temped to eat it.

Also versi sling #2 also has refused it's cricket. I will see what happens when I get home later tonight. Would be nice to come home and find both the versi and avic in molt.


After I returned home, neither T's molted, or were even in the process of molting. The avic didn't eat the roach. I found it under the coco fibers. I offered it to her, but she didn't seem interested. So I beheaded it and speared some guts on a leaf near the corner she likes to hide in most and then I put the roach on it's back on the leaf, I also took off the back two legs, doesn't seem to be able to flip over without them.

My Thai Tiger was seen out in the corner above her burrow. She may be getting hungry. I'll be feeding her on the 1st, same as my MF rosea for the 1st time since she molted. The Tiger went back down it's hole within 5 minutes of the lights being turned on. She's a very nice pet hole.

Tomorrow I'll try and post a blog with photo's from the photo shoot today. Also my new T's are coming in the mail and I'll try and get pics of them and get them up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment