Tuesday, July 7, 2009

OBT Communal Notes

Since I really love OBT, and have read about keeping them communal I decided I HAD to have a communal of my own. I happened to notice a for sale ad from my buddy Franklin, and he had three slings listed, I asked if they were sac mates, which they were and I told him I'd take them(along with a 5" cobalt blue female lol).

Once I got the slings, I put them into the communal enclosure, that I already added roach nymphs to, I didn't ask, but I'm sure they weren't kept communal prior to this, and they are about 1".

The following morning, I noticed that one sling had decided to make a burrow already, and one decided to make one later that day, all food items were missing. The following day the third sling finally decided to make a burrow. Two of them are close together, and both are seen at the entrances at the same time, the other sling is on the other side of the cube, and I haven't see it out yet.

6/28 All three slings are still alive, and I fed them, all burrows were open, so I just dropped the roach near the entrances, and then I saw some orange flashes and the roaches were gone.

7/4 two of the slings have closed off their burrow entrances, the third has webbed a large entrance, and put some substrate in it for decoration.

7/7 Both slings are still locked up, and the one is still seen at the entrance of it's burrow. I think they are getting ready to molt, My larger OBT's that I got from Franklin also close off the burrows when they are getting ready to molt. So hopefully they will come out soon and I can find out what's been going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment