Monday, November 2, 2009

Couple Big Molts

Last night when I went into my room I checked on everyone as usual and when I got to my 4" C. Pentalore she was on her back getting ready to molt. I knew she was going to, since she had stopped eating and she had a nice patch that turned black on her abdomen. She molted out perfect! And I have a nice molt from her. She is a known female as she has laid eggs before. But I still checked the molt for my own confirmation.

I hope my 2" pentalore takes a hint and gets to molting, she has been in premolt for 1.5 months and hasn't eaten in a month!

Then a even bigger shock, my what I thought was a 5.5" A. genic female was on her back too ready to molt. I thought she was coming due since she refused food at her last feeding. She turned out to have a 5.25" molt, don't know how big she is now, she hasn't stretched out yet still. She looked female by vent and I confirmed by molt that she is in fact a mature female. Now I hope her boyfriend molts so I can get some breeding done with her, really hope to get a sac out of her.

Then I also had 6 B. vagan slings molt into 1 inchers. I knew they were coming due as well, but was hoping they would hold off so I could sell a few since I just have too many of them. But I guess that will just have to wait.

I also have a few others I think are going to molt, being my female uatuman, my phormictopus, and one of my german import blue fangs to name a few.

I did try breeding my H. vonworthi but that just resulted in the male sitting over her burrow hole. I also looked in with my H. Lividum who I saw sticking out her hole, but no sac as of yet, and I think she stopped eating since she has a couple crickets running around I have to take out. Can't be a molt since she is fresh.

The E. Murinus I bred also has some left over crickets, hers could be a molt, she looks like she needs a good one. Got the male in with the freshly molted female, but gotta get time to pair them.

Well my fingers are tired so I'm gonna sign off for now,

Later Days
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment