Thursday, October 29, 2009

Waiting On Molts

Well I've been doing lots of feeding and breedings but now I have to wait on a molt before I can do some more breeding. It seems that every time I get T's from franklin that they need to have a molt when they come here.

I'm currently waiting on my C. Fasciatum female that I recently got from him to molt. I had tried to breed her when I got her but she was not interested. She took a few meals and then I notices the patch on her abdomen starting to get black. It's now fully dark and I'm expecting her to molt anytime now. She had laid a sac with franklin, but she missed it and the eggs went bad.

I'm also hoping that the male I have is still good. He has my other girl very gravid and his home is filled with old sperm webs, so I'm not sure if he is still making them or not. I did feed him last night and he ate so that is a good sign. He was an older male when I got him and I've had him for 2 months maybe.

I'm also waiting for a 2" fasciatum to molt, a blue fang, and E. Uatuman to molt. They all have been refusing food for awhile. Glad I never found someone with a mm uatuman when I was looking. I'll start the search for a mm after the molt for sure.

I'm going to start a search for a mm H. Villosella, my female molted and is 2" now and should be able to breed. Also will try looking for a mm B. Smithi, I'm pretty sure my female is freshly molted. Also I don't know if I mentioned, but Ana has a male A. genic that she will let me use for my lady, but he has to mature first. After that he has to survive breeding her 2 or 3 BIG females that she has. Hoping to get lucky and she molts before he is ready so she can put on more size, she is only 5.25". She doesn't look like it's gonna be soon though, she has a nice bald spot so I can see if she turns dark.

Well I got work to do with the T's so I'm off,

Stay Frosty!
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment