Friday, April 3, 2009

New T's and a little romance.

Well I was supposed to get in 2 OBT slings, a fasciatum sling, a vegan sling, and MF OBT on Tuesday. Well they got lost in the mail, and decided to show up Thursday. They were packed in great, and the heat pack was still working a bit when I finally got them. But both myself and franklin(the guy I got them from at trarantula.us) were worried about the fasciatum.

The vegans was the 1st to be unpacked, and it was fine, crawling around and all. Next came to two OBT slings. One needed to be replaced before shipping because it molted, So they are two different sizes, looks to be 1 molt behind. They were OK, but took some coaxing to get them to come out of their vials.

Finally the fasciatum, I opened up get vial, and took out the paper towel on the end, and she had her abdomen high in the air. But she wasn't moving at all and was in a half death curl. While looking at her she moved a leg and I knew she was still alive. So I took a tupperware, and a damp paper towel, put it inside, and put her on top. Then put her in a warm dark place. Checked in on her 30 min later, and no change at all. Checked on her 1 1/2 hours later, and she was GONE. No where to be seen and no on the paper towel. So I knew she was alive and mobile. Looked in the paper towel and there she was. So I decided to leave her in there for another hour to make sure she was OK. Then I took her out and put her in her own little vial, She is so small, she looks like a fat tick.

Lastly came the 5" OBT female. I got her out of her vial, and into her enclosure with no problems at all, She was very sluggish and tooked a bit of coaxing as well to get to move off the paper towel. Later when she was checked on she was doing fine. I also took a few bits of webbing from the female OBT and put it in the males enclosure for him to find so he knows a lady is present, and to let him know he needs to make a sperm web. I don't think I've ever seen him make one/the remains of one.


After everyone had several hours to recover from their extended journey I gave everyone something to eat. Later when checked on the only two to have eaten were the smallest OBT sling, and the vegans. The vegans took down a cricket the same size of it. It slurped it up much faster then the OBT who is 2-3 X bigger then the vegans who had a cricket of the same size. So I decided to see if it wanted another, and it sure did. Hopefully in the morning I'll find that all the new arrivals have eaten.




Well I had fed my MF rosea for 3 days, and decided since the MM made a fresh sperm web, and was moving all about in his enclosure tonight to go ahead and try to mate them. So I opened up their lids, the male went over into the females enclosure, and got her hooked. I'm pretty sure he got atleast 1 good insert. It only lasted a couple minutes and she pushed him back and they were parted, she gave a threat pose, after he was already gone, and I wasn't doing anything with her. But before I could get the lid on my MM, he was up and over into her enclosure again. She did lower her pose a bit, then he came down more onto her hide, but she raised up again and he turned around and went home. So tomorrow I'll try again. I got one pic of the threat pose, but it was on my cell because the camera was out in the car. So hopefully I'll get a sac from this female soon.

I know I've got a lot of pictures I've been saying I'll post. But life just isn't allowing it right now. So pleast be patient and I'll get them up ASAP.


Also I've been looking for a blue fang for the longest time. Then finally someone post about a 2" female and I snatched her up, Sending out payment the beginning on next week and she will be shipped the following weekend. Then another post about a blue fang, but it's only .5". Then on another forum, one person post their blue fangs are in second instar, and the person they are teamed up with just opened a sac full of 1st instar blue fangs. I couldn't find any, and now they are all over the place. So I can keep my options open. I think I want to get 2-3 slings to go along with the 2" female.


Well it's 3am and I gotta get some sleep. So I'm outta here, and hopefully an update tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment