Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Post from the 5th, daytime records

I decided to try a daytime pairing of the rosea. The female was receptive, I even saw the pad hooks on the male today. Looked like he got a few good ones in. Again the female was a bit more aggressive at the end of the pairing which lasted maybe 30 seconds. I put the male back, and while taking pics of the female, he climbed out and over into her enclosure again. I decided to let them go ahead and see what happened. The female gave a threat pose, and the male turned around and climbed back out.

MF OBT created lots of web at the bottom of it's enclosure. Looks to be working on a house/molt mat. Still didn't eat the cricket, so I removed it and will try again.

OBT sling 1 dedided to come down and make a burrow. I would have prefered it stay arboreal so I would be able to see it, but no luck, even though it's in a arboreal set up.

OBT sling 2 improved it's burrow and I can't even see it anymore.

B vagans sling also improved it's burrow.

C fasciatum had no change, no feeding and no burrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment