Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Finally up-to-date with post (4/6)

Today I heard crickets chirping from my MM OBT's cage. After some searching, it turns out that his last cricket, and a previous cricket have been hiding from both myself and the OBT. He has been seen out all day long today and seems to be trying to get the crickets from out behind his clay pot hide. He still hasn't made a noticeable sperm web.

The MF OBT doesn't appear to have moved in the past two days. I'm starting to worry about her. I thought I got her to eat a cricket, saw her grab it and heard a crunch. Seemed like a done deal to me. A few minutes later I checked in on her to see how she was doing with the circket and I saw it walking around in with her and her webbing alive!!! Maybe she gave it a dry bite or never bit it. I'm not sure what happened there, but it certinaly is strange.

Though I was finally able to get the fasciatum to feed on a cricket last night. But it still has yet to make any kind of burrow.

I fell asleep waiting for the MF rosea to finish eating to attempt another pairing last night. So I decided to try again this afternoon around 5pm. The female was NOT receptive and more aggressive. Pairing failed. Maybe this is a sign she is no gravid, or she still hurts from the last pairing. It was pretty rough, and seemed like the males pad was going to come out the other side of her abdomen, which was moving all around unlike the last pairings. There were also a few thrust, but I'm not sure who they came from. So I think I'm done pairing them together and we'll just wait and see if we get a sac.


GREAT NEWS TO END WITH

I just found out tonight, that someone who got versi slings from RobC from the same sac as I did, that his molted early this morning, and another member who also has a sling from the same sac is watching hers for a molt as well. So looks like there hunder strike is due to a up coming molt. I can hardly wait to see how big they get.

No comments:

Post a Comment