Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Post from the 4th

The avic still refuses food. Maybe the roach she had before was bigger then I thought. She was seen feeding on it for what seemed like a very long time. I'll offer her food again in a couple days.

Fed my MM OBT, and he was seen out well into the afternoon. Normally he goes in his hide before it gets light out and is in there all day long. I also put a bit of female OBT webbing in different places in his enclosure, so he would know a female is near and hopefully encourage him to make a sperm web.

MF OBT made a little webbing, she has been in the corner, on the top of her enclosure all day long. Also she did not eat. Maybe she is just overly stressed from shipping still, I'll give her another night with the cricket.

NOTE: For now I'll try to refer to the larger OBT sling as OBT sling 1 and the smaller as OBT sling 2.

OBT sling 1 has been on top of it's enclosure all day as well. Although I did get it to eat one cricket so it seems to be settling in.

OBT sling 2 decided to burrow and I also got it to eat one cricket. I also decided to give it more coco fiber so it could burrow more, which it was please with and quickly made a better burrow.

B vagans sling ate two crickets the same size of it. It appeared to be trying to dig a burrow as well. So I also gave it more substrate to burrow in.

C fasciatum sling has refused a cricket that ended up moltin in with the sling, I first thought it was the sling who had molted. I decided to remove the cricket and gave it a couple fruit flies. A few hours later it still had not eaten. Also today, I updraged it's vial. The old one was one it was shipped in and just seemed too small, and didn't seem like it would have room to molt if it did so. I also put plently of substrate in with it, and no signs of burrowing yet.

MM rosea has been inside his clay hide all day after mating with the female. I'll try another pairing again tonight after she's been fed.

MF rosea seems like her normal self, but was a bit aggressive at the end of pairing with the male. Hopefully I'll get a nice big sac. I had fed her 3 circkets prior to mating, two she gobbled up right away and the other she snaged when she finished with the first two.

Both versi slings have been refusing food, and webbing a bit more as well. Maybe they are getting ready for a molt, I sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment