Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More Molts

Well all my little T's have been very busy molting, some for the first time in my care, some on their second molts in my care. Here's a run down of who molted and when they molted.

5/16 P. irminia molted. It went from about .75" to maybe 1.5" hard to tell with all it's webbing.

5/19 The long awaited molt of my A. avic, she finally molted after about 2 1/2 months of being in premolt. I wasn't able to confirm her being female because she destroyed the important part of the molt and I was unable to tell, but she has no palps and still looking female. I just gave her a cricket for the first time yesterday and she jumped on it and very much enjoyed it.

5/20 LP molted. Looks to be about 1" now and looking a bit more pink. I also fed her for the first time last night, she, well I don't know if it's a she or not, but it will now need to be rehoused as it's out grown it's vial.

5/22 German blue fang #2 molted. It lost one of it's legs in the molt, a back leg and seems to be doing fine.

5/22 B. Vagans #1 molted. Has really grown in size, this time, this is the second molt in my care. Now I can see red hairs sticking out of the abdomen.

5/24 German blue fang #3 molted. It did regenerate it's lost leg, but not it's palp. I'm thinking it lost the palp after the leg and will need another molt to replace this. The new leg looked white and smaller then the rest of it's legs for a couple days, but now has gotten some color in it.

5/27 A.versicolor #1 molted. Looks to be maybe 1.5" now.



I also had two deaths. 5/19 C. elegans. I love this little one and have no clue what happened, Ate two days before the molt and was eating well for the couple weeks I had it.

Also on 5/20 A. versicolor #2 was found dead. Again another unexplained death, both only took a couple meals after they molted before they stopped eating again. I think it may have had propblems molting or something because last time #2 molted before #1 and this may have been the case, since #1 just molted.

No comments:

Post a Comment