Monday, October 19, 2009

Got a New T and Another Breeding Down!

Today I went to my friend Ana's house to help her look for a very gravid P. Irminia that was on the loose. We looked all over the whole room, but it was in her basement and a very old house and their are several ways for her to get up into the floor and hide so we did not find her after several hours of looking, but I didn't come home empty handed.

For my efforts Ana graciously gave me a P. Pedersini aka the Ghost Ornamental for free!!! It is a 3" sling that she bred back in Aug. of 2008. She has been feeding it slowly and gave it to me as a unsexed sling because we could not get to come out to sex it. But when I got home it was on the side of the deli and I got a clear look at it and it is a boy for sure. Which is ok because she has mature females that she said I could breed him with for a 50/50 when he matures. I think he Is going to molt soon, I offered a roach and it ignored it but that could be from stress of the car ride so we will see.

I also was finally able to breed my H. Vonworthi female today! He was tanked with her for a few days and I saw her out one afternoon and I think she was looking for water but found him. They drummed to each other and next I know she is back in her hole.

It took me over an hour to get any action out of them. But once he got to it he didn't mess around. He got her out of the burrow and then he lifted her up and got the job done. After she was seen rubbing her abdomen which is a great sign before she went back down her hole. He was then returned to his home to rest and charge up for next time. I'm hoping for the best and will get in another one or two before I ship him off to the next lady.

Till next time,
Stay Frosty!
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment